Of Raw Dog Foods
Proper food safety techniques do not vary from human foods to dog foods. If it is a meat-based food product frozen in your home, it should be treated as a potential contamination threat but should be no more feared than a hamburger or chicken breast frozen in your freezer right now!
A few simple key points to remember:
- Keep food frozen until ready to serve (or ready to defrost to serve)
- Do not refreeze leftovers, these should be discarded
- Serve in a bowl, on a eating mat as you would with kibble
- Keep bowl and mat clean and disinfected
- Watch your dog during feeding
You can find the full list of general food safety tips from Health Canada in the link below.